Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My first F grade

Day three of the challenge and I already had a mishap! I was doing okay all day, and then when I got to the hospital I made the mistake. The lack of sugar over the last couple of days has had me drooling over mere thoughts of candy, cookies and other forbidden foods that were recently a part of my weekly diet. The worst place to encounter these temptations is the hospital, where there is always an abundance of sweets laying around. Today, a Butterfinger snack size bar hypnotized me and forced me to eat it. Seriously. I don't discriminate much when it comes to candy, and I can tell you that Butterfingers are probably my last choice in the candy bar family. But today, I grabbed it and literally inhaled it. I didn't even slow down and take my time to truly enjoy the sin I was committing. Alas, I knew it was bound to happen at some point--I guess it's good to get it out of the way and not let it happen again. The resulting guilt and disappointment was a good enough lesson in and of itself. But why a Butterfinger? A Snickers would have been so much more worth it!

Tapering for the Urbanathlon, so no WOD today.

Wednesday, 10/13/10
7:30a
-1.5 c. coffee
-1/3 c. almond milk
-1 packet Splenda
10:15a
-1 can low salt tuna
-1 roma tomato
-1/2 avocado
-2 TBS salsa
12:30p
-1 oz. turkey jerky
-4 walnuts
2:15
-1 oz. turkey jerky
-4 almonds
4:15
-THE BUTTERFINGER!!!!!!!!!
5:00p
-paleo chili
8:00
-steak salad (mixed greens, tomato, avocado, steak, egg)--first meal dining out!
-Larabar
-hard boiled egg
-fish oil
Water intake: 60 oz.
Still too high in the carbs and too low in the water intake. Also found out the turkey jerky is not so good for me. Will probably invest in a dehydrator to make my own paleo-friendly jerky.

No comments:

Post a Comment