Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Back in the Groove

I've been crazy busy since my last blog so haven't had time to update. Anyway, after all the fear and worry over the urbanathlon last Saturday, I'm happy to say I completed it intact. Other than the ten miles I wasn't really in shape to run, it was alot of fun--especially the obstacles. I definitely took my time since I didn't want to go too hard because I didn't want to run out of gas before the finish--oh, and I run as slow as a turtle. In all, it was a great experience.

Week 2 of the paleo challenge. Had a few mishaps during the first week--snack size candy bar, 2 cookies, multiple Larabars at once, 1 piece of chocolate pound cake and 1 piece of banana bread. Other than the banana bread which was eaten due to being unprepared and having no other option, the rest of the slip-ups were pure lack of willpower. It's hard to beat the intense sugar cravings!

Workouts--or lack thereof, have sucked the past two weeks. I tapered the week before the urbanathlon and was just plain lazy the week before that. Today was my first day back at the box--have to set a strict schedule and stick to it from now on.

WOD:
Ring push-ups AMRAP: 10-10-11 (on knees)
Kipping pull-ups AMRAP: 10-8-8 (dead hang pull-ups with green band)

5 Rounds for time of:
5 Front squats
5 Jerks
5 Back squats
14:44@53#

Not stellar, but I'm still learning form. And I got a little tripped up in the 4th round on the jerks and almost bonked myself in the head with the bar. I was a little hesitant after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment